Southeastern is one of the busiest commuter rail companies in the UK running more than 2,000 trains, and carrying nearly 600,000 passengers every day between London, Kent and East Sussex. We also run the UK's only high speed train service on our 'Javelin' trains with a top speed of 140 mph.
Just over 4,000 employees - mostly from the communities that we serve - work together to provide this vital service and we are looking to expand our successful team. We have a strong set of values that shape the way we run our business and guide our staff in delivering what our customers need. These are:
- We care passionately about our people and our passengers
- We make the difference together
- We aim to be the best
As a Train Presentation Assistant Commercial Manager your role will be primarily focused on the following three areas:
- The day to day commercial management of Southeastern’s train presentation contract for cleaning of rolling stock and associated services, to ensure all contract terms are correctly applied, enforced and the contract is kept up to date.
- Management of contract spend/costs including: the assessment of invoice applications against the contract, services delivered and variation agreements; tracking of purchase orders and values paid/due and reporting of costs versus budget and/or forecasts.
- Providing commercial support/advice to the Contract Operations Manager and Commercial Lead, attending contract review meetings (both commercial and operational) and providing concise summaries, recommendations and progress reports to stakeholders.
To excel in this role, ideally you should be able to demonstrate the following:
- Experience of assisting and managing complex contracts, including post contract management and contract terms and conditions.
- CIPS / RICS (or equivalent) - desirable
- Commercially astute
- Good interpersonal and communication skills, including the ability to report at senior management level.
- Analytical with data to derive root cause issues.
- Well organised and able to demonstrate good attention to detail.
Based at our head office in Blackfriars, you will be required to work 37 hours per week.
Southeastern recognises the value of every individual employee and offers benefits that reflect this.
As well as a generous salary, we offer an impressive benefits package which includes a Contributory Final Salary Pension Scheme, private health care and free travel on Southeastern & GTR rail services. After a qualifying period, you can also look forward to reduced rate travel on other train operators, including European services – benefits which extend to family members
You’ll receive a generous annual holiday entitlement and access to an array of discounts for retail and leisure products through our ‘Benefits for You’ scheme.
If you like what you’ve read here and think you are the person we’re looking for then we’d like to hear from you.
As part of our recruitment process you will complete a series of aptitude tests, and undergo a medical and drugs/alcohol screening, prior to employment.
Southeastern welcomes applications from a diverse range of candidates regardless of background, disability or gender and is committed to creating a workforce as diverse as the communities we serve
All offers of employment are subject to us obtaining satisfactory references (covering all education, training, employment and unemployment in the preceding 5 years and any previous railway employment). We will also complete right to work in the UK and criminal record checks. This is to ensure we are employing the best person for the role and to protect our customers, colleagues and our reputation.
This post will close before the intended closing date should sufficient number of suitable applications be received. Therefore, if you are interested in applying for this role, we suggest that you do so at the earliest opportunity to avoid disappointment.
Note: Southeastern has a zero tolerance policy on the misuse of drugs and alcohol by employees, therefore you will be required to attend a medical assessment and undergo a Drugs and Alcohol Screening prior to joining Southeastern. If you fail the drugs and alcohol screening or refuse to take the test, your offer of employment will be withdrawn.