Southeastern is one of the busiest commuter rail companies in the UK running more than 2,000 trains, and carrying nearly 600,000 passengers every day between London, Kent and East Sussex.
Just over 4,000 employees - mostly from the communities that we serve - work together to provide this vital service and we are looking to expand our successful team. We have a strong set of values that shape the way we run our business and guide our staff in delivering what our customers need. These are:
- We aim to be the best
- We make the difference together
- We care passionately about our people and our passengers
You will provide an excellent training service that meets the needs of Southeastern, ensuring that passenger services colleagues, undergoing training with you, are competent and confident to carry out their duties, with a prime focus on customer service and managing difficult and challenging situations.
Duties will include;
- Lead and assist on training courses/programmes
- Take responsibility for development, direction and guidance of learners attending our training facilities.
- Assist in the design and review of training materials
- Undertaking assessments, making decisions and providing feedback to learners
- Take responsibility for maintaining personal competence in areas of training expertise
To excel in your role, you will need to demonstrate the following:
- Experience of working in an environment that has exposed you to dealing with challenging or confrontational people, this may be from a police/security role or something similar.
- Training, coaching and facilitation skills, ideally a strong training and development background.
- Ability to project manage design and delivery of end-to-end training programmes.
- To understand and have a keen interest in social behavioral patterns and motivations.
- Excellent inter-personal skills and the ability to communicate at all levels of the organisation.
Based at the training centres in London / Kent, you will be required to work 37 hours per week (Monday-Friday)
Southeastern recognises the value of every individual employee and offers benefits that reflect this.
As well as a generous salary, we offer an impressive benefits package which includes a Contributory Final Salary Pension Scheme, Private Healthcare and free travel on Southeastern, GTR and Gatwick Express rail services. After a qualifying period, you can also look forward to reduced rate travel on other train operators, including European services – benefits which extend to family members
You’ll receive 25 days annual holiday entitlement (excluding bank holidays) and access to an array of discounts for retail and leisure products through our ‘Benefits for You’ scheme.
If you like what you’ve read here and think you are the person we’re looking for then we’d like to hear from you.
As part of our recruitment process you will complete a series of aptitude tests, and undergo a medical and drugs/alcohol screening, prior to employment.
Southeastern welcomes applications from a diverse range of candidates regardless of background, disability or gender and is committed to creating a workforce as diverse as the communities we serve
All offers of employment are subject to us obtaining satisfactory references (covering all education, training, employment and unemployment in the preceding 5 years and any previous railway employment). We will also complete right to work in the UK and criminal record checks. This is to ensure we are employing the best person for the role and to protect our customers, colleagues and our reputation.
This post will close before the intended closing date should sufficient number of suitable applications be received. Therefore, if you are interested in applying for this role, we suggest that you do so at the earliest opportunity to avoid disappointment.
Note: Southeastern has a zero tolerance policy on the misuse of drugs and alcohol by employees, therefore you will be required to attend a medical assessment and undergo a Drugs and Alcohol Screening prior to joining Southeastern. If you fail the drugs and alcohol screening or refuse to take the test, your offer of employment will be withdrawn.