Southeastern is one of the busiest commuter rail companies in the UK running more than 2,000 trains, and carrying nearly 600,000 passengers every day between London, Kent and East Sussex.
Just over 4,000 employees - mostly from the communities that we serve - work together to provide this vital service and we are looking to expand our successful team. We have a strong set of values that shape the way we run our business and guide our staff in delivering what our customers need. These are:
- We make the difference together
- We aim to be the best
- We care passionately about our people and our passengers
To lead and supervise a team of highly motivated Railway Enforcement Officers, ensuring that they achieve a high standard of performance in a customer focused manner. Be accountable to the Railway Enforcement Manager at all times for the actions of the Railway Enforcement Team. To work as a member of the Railway Enforcement Team, achieving a high standard in minimising fare evasion.
To Excel in this role, ideally you should be able to demonstrate:
- Previous experience of leading a team either as a supervisor or a manager
- Evidence of previous experience of working in an environment with a high level of customer contact.
- Ability to make sound decision when under pressure.
- Excellent verbal communication skills.
- Able to write using clear, concise, legible and grammatically correct English.
- Ability to listen, understand and assimilate information.
- Able to work using own initiative and as part of a team.
- Able to produce complex and detailed reports that will stand as evidence in a court of law.
- Able to pass BTP vetting process.
Based from Sittingbourne, you will be required to work 35 hours per week.
An impressive benefits package which includes a Contributory Final Salary Pension Scheme and free travel on Southeastern, Southern, Thameslink and Gatwick Express rail services. After a qualifying period, you can also look forward to reduced rate travel on other train operators, including European services – benefits which extend to family members
If you like what you’ve read here and think you are the person we’re looking for then we’d like to hear from you.
As part of our recruitment process you will complete a series of aptitude tests, and undergo a medical and drugs/alcohol screening, prior to employment.
Southeastern welcomes applications from a diverse range of candidates regardless of background, disability or gender and is committed to creating a workforce as diverse as the communities we serve.
Note: Southeastern has a zero tolerance policy on the misuse of drugs and alcohol by employees, therefore you will be required to attend a medical assessment and undergo a Drugs and Alcohol Screening prior to joining Southeastern. If you fail the drugs and alcohol screening or refuse to take the test, your offer of employment will be withdrawn.