Southeastern is one of the busiest commuter rail companies in the UK running more than 2,000 trains, and carrying 640,000 passengers every day between London, Kent and East Sussex. We also run the UK's only high speed train service on our 'Javelin' trains with a top speed of 140 mph.
Just over 4,000 employees - mostly from the communities that we serve - work together to provide this vital service and we are looking to expand our successful team. We have a strong set of values that shape the way we run our business and guide our staff in delivering what our customers need. These are:
- We care passionately about our people and our passengers
- We make the difference together
- We aim to be the best
You will be responsible for the timely processing, verification and reconciliation of supplier invoices and to ensure that suppliers are paid within established time limits. You will ensure the efficient running of the Accounts Receivable / Payable section.
To excel in your role, you will need to be able to demonstrate the following:
- Experience of working with and maintaining purchase & sales ledgers
- Oracle Financials systems experience
- Good ability in operating computerised accounting programmes.
- Good competency in Microsoft Office with excellent Excel spreadsheet abilities.
- Ability to work as a self-motivated member of a team taking initiative when opportunities arise.
- Ability to organise and prioritise
- Good interpersonal skills being an effective communicator and listener with the ability to provide clear and precise explanations
- Confident out-going individual with a high level of personal integrity
- Numerate, attention to detail with a high level of accuracy and efficiency when completing data entry tasks. Logical analytical approach with practical problem solving skills.
Based in London you will be required to work 37 hours per week Monday to Friday.
Southeastern recognises the value of every individual employee and offers benefits that reflect this.
As well as a generous salary, we offer an impressive benefits package which includes a Contributory Final Salary Pension Scheme and free travel on Southeastern and GTR rail services. After a qualifying period, you can also look forward to reduced rate travel on other train operators, including European services – benefits which extend to family members
You’ll receive a generous annual holiday entitlement and access to an array of discounts for retail and leisure products through our ‘Benefits for You’ scheme.
If you like what you’ve read here and think you are the person we’re looking for then we’d like to hear from you.
As part of our recruitment process you will complete a series of aptitude tests, and undergo a medical and drugs/alcohol screening, prior to employment.
Southeastern welcomes applications from a diverse range of candidates regardless of background, disability or gender and is committed to creating a workforce as diverse as the communities we serve
All offers of employment are subject to us obtaining satisfactory references (covering all education, training, employment and unemployment in the preceding 5 years and any previous railway employment). We will also complete right to work in the UK and criminal record checks. This is to ensure we are employing the best person for the role and to protect our customers, colleagues and our reputation.
This post will close before the intended closing date should sufficient number of suitable applications be received. Therefore, if you are interested in applying for this role, we suggest that you do so at the earliest opportunity to avoid disappointment.
Note: Southeastern has a zero tolerance policy on the misuse of drugs and alcohol by employees, therefore you will be required to attend a medical assessment and undergo a Drugs and Alcohol Screening prior to joining Southeastern. If you fail the drugs and alcohol screening or refuse to take the test, your offer of employment will be withdrawn.